Summary of Key Functions:
Within delegated authority and under the guidance of the UN Clinic Health Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
• Developing, updating and implementing a mission list for drugs and medical consumables, based on generic drugs produced according the World Health Organization (WHO) standards;
• Develops and maintains a system for ongoing inspections of drug safety in all duty station medical facilities;
• Offers day-to-day advice on pharmaceutical issues including evaluating different antibiotics for impact on the local microbiological situation, and secures that mission personnel do not unnecessarily influence the ecological balance through the use of antibiotics;
• Responsible for advising the UN Clinic Health Manager in the specification of drugs to be requisitioned, and for offering a prudent scale of issue for the planning of re-supply;
• Through proactive planning and facilitation of an unimpeded supply of drugs, medical supplies, medical consumables, vaccines, condoms (male and female) and blood in the field mission.
• Prepare Annual Procurement Plan for procurement of medicines, Diagnostics and medical supplies and follow up on its implementations
• Monitoring the consumption of drugs, laboratory reagents, medical and surgical consumables at the UN Clinic; prepare monthly/quarterly stock reports
• Assisting the health team in the treatment and side effect monitoring;
• Dispensing valid prescriptions and medical supplies to patients of UN Clinic;
• Storing and record keeping of stocks; following international standards
• Accounting for the applicable medical supplies and equipment according to recommended guidelines;
• Participating in logistics operations pertaining to the management of expired supplies and re-distribution of medical supplies in the UN clinic;
• Follow up in ensuring that supplies contracts are prepared, signed and issued to winning parties.
• Carries out post award activities of establishing import declaration forms and forms of payment to suppliers.
• Prepares timely and accurate reports
• Ensure a proper and safe disposal of hazardous material and medical waste in close coordination with the UN Clinic Health Manager and Nurses and Lab technicians,
• Performs other duties as required.Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree levelBachelor degree or equivalentEducational additional comments
First Level University degree in pharmaceutical sciences or related fields from an accredited universityRequired experience24 MonthsExperience remark
- The length of technical studies is expected to be at least three years;
- Diploma/certificate in a relevant health-related field, e.g. Public Health, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Economics or equivalent is desirable.
- Computer literate. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertisePharmacy and medical supplyArea of expertise details
Diploma/certificate in a relevant health-related field, e.g. Public Health, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Economics or equivalent is desirable Driving license Competencies values Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?